Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WHAT IS ME WITHOUT YOU

Hey Everyone! Ken here with another Kreation. Well I have an amazing Partner in life and I would not have this blog and be able to do the amazing things I do without his support. Well when I saw the member exclusive files from PPBN DESIGNS, I knew exactly what I wanted to make him to show him how thankful I was to have him in my life. Here is what I made:


So for this project I used BOTH my CRICUT EXPLORE and my SILHOUETTE CAMEO. What, they exist sometimes in the same room. YES!! I have to say lately SILHOUETTE CAMEO had been a little jealous since I have been showing ALOT more attention to the CRICUT EXPLORE. However for this project I needed to use a Print than Cut feature and CURRENTLY that is not available on the Cricut Explore. However I hear it is COMING!! Now these files that are used were FREE. Yes you heard me right!! PPBN DESIGNS now has a MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM where for $7 a month you get a FREEBIE file EVERYDAY!!! That is 30 FREE files for a month so with the $7 fee it is only 23 cents per file. WHAT???? Oh and did I tell you the  MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM gets exclusive files? AMAZING STUFF. Check it out! Okay onto the project. 

All of PPBN DESIGNS come with a .PNC and .JPEG file which can both be imported, printed and cut on the SILHOUETTE CAMEO. I downloaded these designs, imported them into my DESIGNER EDITION SOFTWARE (required for certain file types) and sized them. All of these files were sized at 3 inches while keeping the RATIO option clicked on from the original size. Once I had them sized I printed them on my CANON PRINTER. I my print settings I always make sure to set the PRINT QUALITY for the INK at the highest level to get the richest print. Then using my 12 X 12 MAT, I placed the paper on my mat, made sure my REGISTRATION MARKS were set correctly, looked to see the CUT LINES were on and cut the image. I used different colors of stickles glue to highlight the parts of the cutouts that i wanted. I used the following colors in the project: REDCINNAMONYELLOWCOTTON CANDY. For the background I took my favorite heavy WHITE CARDSTOCK, ripped it into pieces and ran it through my FISKARS PAPER CRIMPPER. Once I did this step I took ELMERS SPRAY ADHESIVE and sprinkled my favorite glitter. Then using 3D FOAM SQUARES I raised each character up from the base. 




For the actual frame I used a 12X12 SHADOW FRAME. I found the poem online on GOOGLE. This is just a snippet of the poem, which has a ton of verses. I wanted to separate this from the characters, so using different colors of vinyl and font I cut out the following using my CRICUT EXPLORE. How did I do that? Did you not hear? CRICUT EXPLORE now lets you import your OWN FONTS.  I love the SMART CUT TECHNOLOGY this machine offers and all I have to do is SET the dial and punch the "C" button. The machine does the rest for me! No need to worry about cut settings or figure out how to get the perfect KISS cut. Here is what I did:

For the basic text I used ARIAL basic font in BLACK VINYL 
For the words MIKCEY and MINNIE I used MINNIE FONT cut in RED VINYL covered in  CHRISTMAS RED STICKLES
For the words TIGGER and POOH I used POOH FONT cut in ORANGE VINYL covered in ORANGE PEEL STICKLES
For the words DONALD and DAISY I used  DONALD DUCK cut in BLUE VINYL covered in TRUE BLUE STICKLES
For the words ME and YOU I used YAHOO FONT cut in PURPLE VINYL covered in THISTLE STICKLES

This was an amazing project to make and my Partner Sean just loved it! I have given you the full supply list below. Thanks for taking a look at today's Kreation. Come back real soon to see what other Kreations I come up with!


SUPPLY LIST:
(Follow the link to be taken to the Amazon Page)
FILES: PPBN DESIGNS 
PRINTER:  CANON PRINTERINK
CARD STOCK: WHITE CARDSTOCK

  





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments!