Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Using Vinyl...

Hey beautiful crafters!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love PPbNdesigns. I'm not saying that because I'm a designer. I'm saying that because I'm a full time mamma to 3 beautiful babies still at home (1 grown). A full time employee for a phenomenal company AND a less than part-time crafter! But crafting brings me so much peace and I have to be honest and tell you I'm an "instant gratification crafty girl"! I'm not ashamed to admit it. So let me show you this adorable project that I made within 10 minutes!

So, this is what happened... 

I was on the Facebook page for PPbNdesigns and came across a question by Manda, "I bought a ppbn design. Is it possible to cut this in vinyl? Or do they just work better in paper? I'd LOVE to do it in vinyl."

Oh my goodness. What a great question! YES, you can cut them in vinyl and they come out FABULOUSLY!!!

If you are using a Cameo I advise turning your blade all the way down to 1 to start off. If your blade is still within usable condition it should cut through the vinyl and not the paper backing on the vinyl. I choose to use a simpler file because I'm in love with this Girl Mouse Ears file and I hadn't used it yet. 

Because of her post and question I ran to Michael's to check the clearance section. Low and behold one tumbler was there for .39 YAYYY. One piece was broken off so I trashed that piece and ended up with this...

Cute right?!?!?!

 I kept watching the PPbN Facebook page and saw that Manda also posted a WONDERFUL project made with vinyl!!! 
Wowzers!!! She used white, she advised doubling up when you use white or choosing a different color. ;)

One last piece of advice hand wash these little gems and do NOT put them in the dishwasher. ;) Sadly, I speak from experience. 

Thank you all so much for stopping by!

Hugs and Crafty Blessings,
Raven & our PPbN guest Manda
Thanks Manda for letting us feature your project today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments!