Friday, October 17, 2014

Checkbook cover with PPbN cut files.


Check book cover using the Scooby Doo patterns from ppbndesigns.com. I cut the files for Scooby and Shaggy at 2 1/2 inches. They cut amazingly even at that small size. I just sized the Mystery Machine to fit in the space I had let.



 This is after I placed into a clear Vinyl Checkbook cover  by A. i. P.www.Vippies.com just look for clear checkbook covers, I also found them on the Peachy Keen Stamps site.
                               
                                             
                                    

My dimensions for the back ground were 6 1/8 x 6 5/8. I scored the middle of the 6 5/8 side and 1/4 on each side of that. The accent paper was cut at 3 x 6.

For my checkbook I wanted to use money so this is how I did that.

 This is a press my hubby made but two paint sticks and a couple clamps work just as well.
 Stack of new dollars plus a piece of cardboard the same size. I also place a sheet of paper on either side as protection.
 Put all this in vise setup with the straight edge just sticking out. Using Padding Compound paint the edge well and allow to dry. Padding Compound can be found several places Amazon has it. You just need a small amount so buy the smallest container you can. You can use this to make notebooks/ paper pad, books and anything you want stuck together along an edge. The dollars or paper in a pad will just tear off along the edge painted. Sort of like a rubber cement.

3 comments:

We love your comments!